Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Autonews Infusion Not Working

Asked Modified Viewed 2,940 times
A
afoster
A
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 725 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 128 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I've posted about this infusion before and here I am again asking for help. I thought I would see if I can get some help here before I give up on this much needed infusion...for me anyway.

With much help from Grimloch, we have been able to get this infusion to infuse and in Grimloch's case the infusion is working as it is supposed to be. In my case, the infusion gets infused, the settings page for the infusion works but it will absolutely not send out email notifications to subscribers at all. This infusion has been around since at least version 7.01.03 of php-fusion and always worked flawlessly until version 7.02.07. Beginning with version 8, I ran into problems...first getting it installed and then again not being able to get it to send out notifications. With version 9 the same issues have come up which has brought me to this point.

I am attaching the files that I have been using on php-fusion version 9.10.20 in the hopes that some guru out there can figure out what the problem is. I am also attaching the original version that worked on php-fusion 7.02.07

Attached files: Auto_News.zip = urrent version that will infuse on 9.10.20
autonews_infusion.zip = original version that worked until 7.02.07

Thanks in advance.
afoster attached the following file:
auto_news.zip [No information available / 60 Downloads]
autonews_infusion_1.zip [No information available / 70 Downloads]
0 replies

34 posts

M
MathiasHU
M
https://fusion.bltfm.hu/
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 48 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I can look at it on Tuesday
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

That would be great MathiasHU, thank you.
0 replies
M
MathiasHU
M
  • Answered 1 question
answered

The system has a lot of errors, it all needs to be rewritten. Sending email is already going, but admin interface is not working again due to an error.
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

Thanks for the update and happy that the email is being sent on your system as it is not sending on mine. I was not aware of any issues on the admin interface. Will you be able to fix those errors? Thanks again for your offer to help.
0 replies
M
MathiasHU
M
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I had so much time now, so it could be errors. It would be necessary to rewrite the entire system. For better operation and better display.

v9.10.20 tested, email sending works.

Please test it.
If I have to rewrite it later, I will format it.
MathiasHU attached the following file:
autonews_1.zip [No information available / 69 Downloads]
1 reply
A
afoster
A
answered

Thank you so much for your work on this infusion. The settings page looks completely different and much better organized. Unfortunately, I am having a problem in the panel shows asap in the waiting to sent which in prior versions has never worked and did not work here in this model either. I will keep testing, but I believe the problem I had before still exists.
afoster attached the following image:
Image not found
0 replies
M
MathiasHU
M
  • Answered 1 question
answered

You need a new post in the forum, then send an email.
MathiasHU attached the following image:
Image not found Image not found
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

I don't have a forum set up...is it set up to work only if a forum is activated? I have news, articles, shouts and birthdays set as active in the autonews settings page.
0 replies
M
MathiasHU
M
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I tested, shout, articles. Works.
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

I'm sure it is working for you...on my system it is not working and that is not your fault. I keep getting the Asap and no email is being sent. I am using php-fusion 9.10.20 with php version 7.4.28 if that is any help. I will keep testing but I doubt I can get it to work.
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

The Asap appears in the panel as soon as I enable the sending of emails in the settings page of autonews. Don't know if that means anything or not but thought I would let you know. With the Asap showing, the email will not be sent at all.
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

I was able to remove the Asap (don't know how I did it) but the problem now is that it won't send any email notifications unless I go to the autonews settings page. At that point, it will generate the email with the information that should have been sent automatically.

I also noticed that in the settings page, I can't change the "Only send news if there are at least news" from 2 to 1. Is that by design because in prior versions I was able to do that. Thanks again for your help on this. This is a must have infusion for me...
0 replies
A
afoster
A
answered

In the message that is displayed when I check the previous message sent, there is an area that doesn't make sense to me. Look at the attachment where I have highlighted the area in question. Where does the pm31 come from? Any ideas?
afoster attached the following image:
Image not found
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; only transformed !
  • Contributed 722 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 141 threads in the forums
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

@MathiasHU
Man you are way above my paygrade in understanding how to convert an old infusion to v9 compatibility. I salute you !! I did the original work on trying to get it to work on v9. On my install I have fixed most of the tiny errors that came up but there is one main error that I can't decipher completely to try and solve. Here is what I am getting on my system. And BTW mine will not auto send either:
 Line 71 -- 31 seconds ago
Query Error: SELECT comment_datestamp AS timestamp, comment_name AS user_id, user_name, comment_item_id AS item_id, comment_type AS item_no, comment_message AS item_text, 0 AS item2_id, 0 AS item2_no, '' AS item2_text FROM fusion5E6gQ_comments LEFT JOIN fusion5E6gQ_users ON (comment_name = user_id) LEFT JOIN fusion5E6gQ_news ON (comment_item_id = news_id) LEFT JOIN fusion5E6gQ_articles ON (comment_item_id = article_id) LEFT JOIN fusion5E6gQ_article_cats ON (article_cat = article_cat_id) LEFT JOIN fusion5E6gQ_photos ON (comment_item_id = photo_id) LEFT JOIN fusion5E6gQ_photo_albums USING (album_id) WHERE ( (. AND comment_type = 'N' AND (news_visibility='0' OR news_visibility='-101') AND (news_start='0' OR news_start<=1646930186) AND (news_end='0' OR news_end>=1646930186) AND news_draft='0') OR (1 AND comment_type = 'A' AND (article_cat_visibility='0' OR article_cat_visibility='-101') AND article_draft='0') OR (1 AND comment_type = 'P' AND (album_visibility='0' OR album_visibility='-101')) ) AND comment_datestamp > 1646923776;
Stack Trace:
#0 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/includes/classes/PHPFusion/Database/Driver/PDOMySQL.php(67): PDOStatement->execute()
#1 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/includes/classes/PHPFusion/Database/AbstractDatabaseDriver.php(312): PHPFusionDatabaseDriverPDOMySQL->_query('SELECT comment...', Array)
#2 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/includes/db_handlers/all_functions_include.php(113): PHPFusionDatabaseAbstractDatabaseDriver->query('SELECT comment...', Array)
#3 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/infusions/autonews_panel/autonews_include.php(197): dbquery('SELECT comment...')
#4 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/infusions/autonews_panel/autonews_include.php(80): createbody(Array)
#5 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/infusions/autonews_panel/autonews_include.php(45): autonews_send(Array)
#6 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/infusions/autonews_panel/autonews_panel.php(30): autonews()
#7 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/includes/classes/PHPFusion/Panels.php(321): include('/home/shadetr2/...')
#8 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/themes/templates/footer.php(27): PHPFusionPanels->getSitePanel()
#9 /home/shadetr2/trans-galactic.com/index.php(76): require_once('/home/shadetr2/...')
#10 {main}
Error Nature: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '. AND comment_type = 'N' AND (news_visibility='0' OR news_visibility='-101') AND' at line 19
Maybe this will help with debugging.
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

Error message clearly says where the problem is. According to message on end of stack trace "....syntax to use near '. AND comment_type = 'N' AND..." problem is in this part ....USING (album_id) WHERE ( (. AND comment_type = 'N' AND.... There should not be . AND at start of condition. However, the whole SQL query is bad anyway.

Btw. understanding the error message is also an important knowledge of programming. And these logs are not specific only to PHPFusion. This can throw any code. Logs are usually stored in a specified file on the server, but fusion stores some logs in a database so webadmin can see them without visiting hosting panel.
0 replies
G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

Yes I know the whole sql query is not good it's from version7. But I don't have the expertise to understand how to re-write it.
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

WHERE ( (. AND comment_type = 'N'

This is the part where the error is. I'm not sure if you have a string that fails to output anything there.

You can test out your query at Phpmyadmin SQL tab.
Edited by Chan on 11-03-2022 18:15,
1 reply
A
afoster
A
answered

I cannot get this infusion to work...it will send out the notifications only if I go to the autonews settings page which will trigger the notification to be sent. It will not send the notification automatically as it is supposed to however. Can anyone else provide any input/ideas before I give up on it and move on?
0 replies
D
douwe_yntema
D
  • Contributed 667 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 57 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

What is the script file that executes the sending of the mail?

It must be executed somewhere in a cron job or in a panel or footer when a visitor enters the site.
0 replies

Labels

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 34 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 6 members

6 participants

A
A
C
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
G
G
  • Answered 2 questions
D
D
  • Contributed 667 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 57 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
R
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions
M
M
  • Answered 1 question

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet