Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

8.00.23 installation/7.x upgrade

Asked Modified Viewed 1,140 times
M
malkir
M
malkir 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi there,

I backed up my exisiting system (7.x) and restored it locally.
I then installed a clean 8.00.23 locally.

I updated the existing system (7.x) with the database upgrade (Upgrade_7.02.07_8.00.23, and copied the SECRET_KEY and SECRET_KEY_SALT into the config.php as described) that followed along with the 8.00.23 package.
All tables and fields looked fine after the upgrade and the collations looks fine as well.

I wanted to cut as many cords to the old pages, so after a few modifications to the new clean 8.00.23 system, I started exporting table by table from the v7->v8 upgraded database and into the clean 8.00.23 database.

I checked every single table for fields, types, length and so on, to make sure I would not replace (drop/create) a new table with an old table that missed fields (which meant I had to a and change a few fields here and there).
I deliberately did not update (drop/create) the user table, as I wanted to make sure everything worked before replacing that.

But... for some reason I can't log in any more. There are no error messages it just reloads the page and I'm not logged in.

Have I killed off something in some of the other tables that are vital for the login procedure (as that is the only things I've changed since it worked last)?
I still have full backups of the starting point, so I could easily revert, I just don't know what that would be.

Best regards
0 replies

1 post

F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

I can´t remember everything touched by the upgrade from the back of my head, but this sounds like an issue right here :

I deliberately did not update (drop/create) the user table, as I wanted to make sure everything worked before replacing that.

Everything need to be upgraded in an upgrade. If it was critical changed to the user db, 1 is for certain the utf8mb4 must be set in the user table.

We have had many upgrades from 7 to 8, the only other thing I can think of that it is case sensitive in passwords now, it did not use to be that.
Edited by Falk on 07-01-2020 03:25,
1 reply

Category Forum

Upgrading issues - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 1 post
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

2 participants

F
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
M
M
malkir 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet