Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Incremental update from 6.01.19 - website only displaying 0 in corner after 7.01.6 > 7.02.07

Asked Modified Viewed 8,552 times
P
Purpleyin
P
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 16 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

URL to your site: http://central.mcweir.com/news.php
Version of PHPFusion you are upgrading from: 6.0.19
Version of PHPFusion you are upgrading to: 7.02.07
Any mods you've made to your site: A few infusions from v6 I forgot to defuse prior to updating (Forum Rank namely, which I also updated to v7 version whilst on 7.01.6 briefly)
Version of PHP: 4.4.9
Version of MySQL: 5.0.91
Have you searched for your problem: as much as possible but hard to with so little to go on
If so, what terms did you try: looked up '7.02.07' in upgrading issues forum
State the nature of your problem: Site now doesn't load except for '0' in the left corner. Stumped as to what kind of error that indicates.
Do you have a test account for us? No, but not sure it'd be relevant on the site at least since login isn't accessible anyhow.

A bit more detail. I upgraded incrementally today:
6.01.19 > 7.00.4
7.00.4 > 7.00.5
7.00.5 > combined 7.00.6 & 7.00.7 update
7.00.7 > 7.01.6

All was well up until that point, updating from 7.01.6 > 7.02.07 was where it went wrong. I transferred the locale files and update.php. Ran the update, which didn't report any errors, changed my config.php file to include the extra line about the cookie prefix. Then I transferred the files from the 7.02.07 folder except for _config.php and setup.php. That's when I found the site no longer loaded, after the new files were transferred - I can't access any urls for admin or index.php, news.php etc.

The only error I have to go on is the '0' in the corner. Stumped as to what kind of problem that indicates - db, files, theme related? Also hard to search for.

I tried restoring my files back to how they were before any updates and applying the new files incrementally, no change, which made me wonder if my db or theme are responsible but I don't know how to verify what the problem is. I hadn't yet tried restoring my old db backup and incrementally upgrading that again but will try to go back to 7.01.6 that way if I have no luck identifying the issue here.
0 replies

10 posts

P
PolarFox
P
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,633 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 29 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

6.01.19 > 7.00.4

Why not 7.00.00 ?
0 replies
P
Purpleyin
P
answered

PolarFox wrote:

6.01.19 > 7.00.4

Why not 7.00.00 ?

I could only find files for 7.0.1/2/3 updates, which I thought required updating from 7.00.0 that I couldn't find under either the v7 update or v7 stable releases. I used 7.0.4 as it had an option to update from v6.
0 replies
F
FILON
F
FILON 10
What's common between Halloween and Christmas? Every programmer knows: 31 oct = 25 dec.
  • Contributed 45 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 14 threads in the forums
answered

Why are you not upgrading to 7.02.01, 7.02.02, 7.02.03, 7.02.04, 7.02.05, 7.02.06? And you missed 7.01.02-05 updates, inclusively.

Note: All updates are not cumulative as you thought.
0 replies
P
Purpleyin
P
answered

FILON wrote:

Why are you not upgrading to 7.02.01, 7.02.02, 7.02.03, 7.02.04, 7.02.05, 7.02.06? And you missed 7.01.02-05 updates, inclusively.

Note: All updates are not cumulative as you thought.

I didn't realise I had to go through each step of 7.02.x. I used the upgrade script from the full 7.02.07 package that said it was for upgrading from 701 - was that wrong to do? Did I misinterpret the usage of that script?
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Wy not fresh install latest version and use another blank db as master, export the old one, and import the SQL tables one by one? Much faster.
0 replies
P
Purpleyin
P
answered

hien wrote:

Wy not fresh install latest version and use another blank db as master, export the old one, and import the SQL tables one by one? Much faster.

For some people maybe, but I had the perhaps too hopeful expectation that using upgrade files/scripts would do the same job easier for someone who doesn't often meddle with the db.

I was still hoping someone would have an idea what went wrong the first time. I find it weird the updating went fine up to 7.01.06 and only messed up when trying to upgrade to 7.02.07. I read all the documentation for upgrading and am pretty sure I did all it was asking, so I don't know what actually went wrong or which part got messed up during that upgrade.
0 replies
R
Ralph68
R
Regards,
Ralph
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 108 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

If I may suggest making a backup of your site "system admin/database backup" after each successful upgrade.

This way you won't have to start from the beginning if the next upgrade fails. You can upload the full file version of 7.01.06 rather than starting from v6 again.
0 replies
P
Purpleyin
P
answered

Ralph68 wrote:

If I may suggest making a backup of your site "system admin/database backup" after each successful upgrade.

This way you won't have to start from the beginning if the next upgrade fails. You can upload the full file version of 7.01.06 rather than starting from v6 again.

For some reason I don't seem to be able to use that function, it gives me an internal server error 500. But anyhow I will be making sure to backup incrementally too this time from phpmyadmin and over ftp.

I restored both files and DB back to my old 6.01.19 install. So far have updated to 7.01.04 and interestingly I'm seeing options in the admin panel I didn't see before - bbcodes, smileys etc. I suspect something must have gone wrong somewhere with the previous db update or file transfer, despite the fact I could not seen any evidence of it.

The only other thing I have changed is getting my hosting to change to php 5.2. Not sure if that could account for the difference.
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

I am glad that you are on the right track!
From that version you have now you might be helped with my answer here : http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/vie...ost_177501
0 replies
P
Purpleyin
P
answered

Domi wrote:

I am glad that you are on the right track!
From that version you have now you might be helped with my answer here : http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/vie...ost_177501

Hi Domi. Thanks for the link. I did read that before when upgrading, as well as reading the upgrade instructions on the read me document.

Though rereading the documentation I saw one thing I missed the first time which explains why I had a problem with 7.02.07 and not with 7.01.06:

"Requires - PHP 5.1.2 or higher" and mine was previously 4.2. So, it had a very simple explanation I had completely missed.
0 replies

Category Forum

Upgrading issues - 8

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 10 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 6 members

6 participants

F
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
P
P
R
R
Regards,
Ralph
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 108 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
C
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
P
P
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,633 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 29 threads in the forums
F
F
FILON 10
What's common between Halloween and Christmas? Every programmer knows: 31 oct = 25 dec.
  • Contributed 45 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 14 threads in the forums

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet