Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Ominous Portents

Asked Modified Viewed 1,170 times
G
Grimloch
G
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; only transformed !
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 722 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 141 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
  • Answered 2 questions
asked

I hesitated for a long time before posting this to see if things would change and they haven't. It's very disturbing to see that there is almost no activity on this main site. Fusion has come such a long way from the days of Nick. It's become a very nice CMS (even with the difficulties of trying to learn the new coding), but seems to be going down the same path that a lot of start-up CMS's have gone over the years. It's a shame because Fusion was my teacher, my helpmate in learning php and mysql, among other technologies. I dread the thought of having to learn another CMS all over again but it seems that I may have no choice as it seems to be non-supported (or very little support) anymore.
1 reply

3 posts

G
Grimloch
G
  • Answered 2 questions
answered

@BenL
Thanks so much for your reply; I was beginning to think that no one was even reading the posts anymore. I started way back with Fusion ver6. Yes I agree; RobiNN was a very solid user who helped a tremendous number of people on here and I was very sad to see him leave Fusion. The same for a lot of other users who have gone. I don't know if there is even continuing 'thrust and parry' on Fusions' Discord server. I have tried Discord but it's just not my cup-o-tea if you know what I mean. Anyway BenL thanks again for your response and happy coding !!
Edited by Grimloch on 14-09-2023 18:25,
0 replies
K
Kvido1
K
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 61 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums
answered

Ahoj ALL!!!!!
Ano, je to krutá a smutná pravda!!!???
Nechce se mi to ani napsat - phpfusion umírá???
Šel jsem s ním přes 10 roků, přes testování apod. Byl to můj učitel PHP a Javacsript. Před pádem verze PHP v9 se do programování phpfusion pustil RobiNN. Udělal hopdně práce a povýšil nerzi na 9.10.30. Odešel z projektu také!? Velká škoda!!!
Oficiální podpora s koncem phpfusion také zřejmě zemřela...
4 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

Some of us from back in the day are still around. Admittedly it was long ago I last posted here, but I still keep a few PHP-Fusion sites up to date. Actually updated one of them today to 9.10.30.
Interest dwindle as people look at other technologies to represent them on the web but I see how more and more is done via a command prompt and frankly I hate it. Of all my sites that were PHP-Fusion only one has been migrated to another platform, some others are under new owners and, as mentioned, I retain three.
I find PHP-Fusion very hard to replace and can still think of numerous improvements that could be done, some of course inspired by other platforms and some olde ones that never made it through development, mostly due to lack of resources and manpower.
Sadly I never picked up on coding as much as I would need today and depend a lot on others to implement my ideas, if not possible in a drag-and-drop scenario or low-code solutions.

We seem to be in a low spot right now, many of the original authors gone and just a couple holding our flag. I have no solution for this, it is the usual evolution of software, if no new talents find they want to spend their time here, we will keep having problems with continuing work on this platform of ours.
Edited by Homdax on 20-09-2023 11:50,
2 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 3 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

H
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
G
G
  • Answered 2 questions
B
B
BenL 12
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 96 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 41 threads in the forums
K
K
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 61 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet