Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

New installation. User registration crashing server, Page opening to a 404 error, possible wrong set

Asked Modified Viewed 1,142 times
K
KnightHawk
K
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 67 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 11 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Probably more of a user admin issue but I don't see how I'm getting the 404 page error in the panel being related to user admin. But the error I see in the error log all say member/administration.

Right now I have it set to admin approval cause when it was set to email verification I was having a major issue. When you go to finish registering it would lock up the site completely. No page loading for anyone. When I turned off email verification and made it admin approval registration would go through. Still seemed like it took a moment before it was completing. Seemed like it took a minute to activate members when I did it. Thought maybe I set something wrong in the email setting. But errors point to members. But as I said members admin shouldn't be causing a 404 error in the main panel. The address says home.php but the settings say index.php.

I used to have fusion 7 something. Decided to redo the site completely. Just used for gaming friends.

If this should be in user admin I hope someone can move it there still. Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Undefined index: action
File: administration/members/members_administration.php Line: 313
On Page: /administration/members.php?aid=9b4ebddd3ea292d1&]=ref=view&lookup=2

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Undefined index:
File: members/sub_controllers/members_action.php Line: 180 & 181

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Use of undefined constant FILTER_VALIDATE_DOMAIN - assumed 'FILTER_VALIDATE_DOMAIN'
File: public_html/includes/core_functions_include.php Line: 2,376
On Page: /administration/members.php?aid=9b4ebddd3ea292d1
Edited by Anonymous User on 16-11-2021 17:08,
0 replies

10 posts

R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

Make sure you have newer PHP, for v9 is recommended 7.0 or any new

The address says home.php but the settings say index.php.

Home.php was removed, probably you have cached address in browser
0 replies
K
KnightHawk
K
  • Member, joined since
answered

So the older php version could be an issue? PHP version 5.6.40. I haven't paid for the site in a few years not sure why it's still there. But I'm willing to bet if I open a ticket over the PHP it will bring attention to the site still working. And could the wrong setting for email be causing the site lock up. Trying to send email but can't connect or something.
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

V9 can still run on PHP 5.6, but has not been tested on it. So if you run it, there may be a lot of bugs.
0 replies
K
KnightHawk
K
  • Member, joined since
answered

I found a spot for changing version of PHP in CPanel. Now it's PHP version 7.4.24. Now I guess I'll try to register a user and see what happens
0 replies
K
KnightHawk
K
  • Member, joined since
answered

I try the info for ssl/tls setting and the site gets locked up. And when I try non-ssl settings it doesn't send an email out. When I used to have the old setup the email wasn't correct either I don't think. It was to come from admin(at)site but it never showed that email address to the registrating member.

The test account I just tried to register locked up for a few then came back in error 500. I have misconfigured something cause ssl crashes server non ssl just doesn't send an email.
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

I managed to reproduce these errros, somehow you added ] to the link and therefore you got these errros. So this is not a PHP or CMS problem. You just added an extra character.

Anyway, I added an extra checks.
0 replies
K
KnightHawk
K
  • Member, joined since
answered

I'm not understanding about the extra character. I didn't modify any files. I haven't had any new errors since I turned off the email verification for new members. Either there is an error in one of the pages of the download or my webserver is causing it. I know when I use ssl for email it crashes server. non ssl won't even send an email. Even puts a message up top saying it can't.

I know a little about what I'm doing. I've fixed issues before I just can't figure this one out. My knowledge is from trial and error.
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

Got it, in suspend log was added that extra character (fixed). I never tried this thing so I thought you added it.

SSL: Do you have enabled https in main settings. Or perhaps you just don't have it installed.
0 replies
K
KnightHawk
K
  • Member, joined since
answered

I just found the https setting. I put it on https but it now gives 404 trying to visit site
Guess I'll have to look around on the host and see if there is a https setting.
0 replies
K
KnightHawk
K
  • Member, joined since
answered

Apparently I can't enable https cause I haven't paid for the service in a few years. Logged into the host and it says I'm using 0 bytes and transferred 0 bytes. I'm guessing they messed up somewhere and didn't shut the site completely off.
0 replies

Category Forum

Settings - 9

Labels

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 10 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

2 participants

K
K
  • Member, joined since
R
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet