Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Videos not showing with Friendly URLs

Asked Modified Viewed 746 times
F
FTW
F
FTW 14
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 30 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 15 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Displaying Video Links
We have several sites where we normally display a clickable image of a video, but the link is not hosted on our site.

Depending on which site we are using, the code we use is listed below and works great as long as we do not user friendly url’s, however when we try to enable SEF or Normalize Friendly URLs, we end up with a 404 error on that part of the page.

<span style="display: inline-block; width: 100%; max-width: 640px;" data-s9e-mediaembed="vimeo"><span style="display: block; overflow: hidden; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%;"><iframe style="border: 0; height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; width: 100%;" src="//player.vimeo.com/video/182388463" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></span></span>

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="vimeo" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy" scrolling="no" style="border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="//player.vimeo.com/video/182388463"></iframe></span></span></div>

What steps are needed to display a video link using SEF URLs, without having to load all the videos on that particular server?
Thanks
FTW
0 replies

4 posts

R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

In my video infusion or where?

Also use full url src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/182388463" with https
0 replies
F
FTW
F
FTW 14
answered

Sorry about not giving enough details.

The vidoes are usually in Articles that are submitted or uploaded by writers. When we receive them, they are simply url links. Our Admins are the ones that usually enter any codes that are needed beyond a straght url link.

Also, thanks for the reminder to use the full https url. Our admins know that, but I will make sure they get a copy of all replies and reminders.

Also, on at least one of our sites, we are getting ready to allow blogs, so we may run into the same type of situation there, gut I have not personally checked out the requirements on that area yet.

Thanks
FTW
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

It works, just use full URL, that's all.

I've tried it now.
0 replies
F
FTW
F
FTW 14
answered

Thank you for the speedy response.
I checked things out myself and discovered we had to hard code the full url into the source of the page because for some reason the "Insert/edit media" link was not saving the https when it was entered into the Embed area.

I may have time to look at it more later but for now, at least they have the video's being displayed again and we really appreciate you pointing us in the correct area.

Thanks
FTW
0 replies

Labels

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 4 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

2 participants

R
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
F
F
FTW 14

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet