Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Suggestions

Locked Asked Modified Viewed 1,243 times
O
ozzWANTED
O
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 99 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 22 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

From UI/UX two steps registration is also bad. Why you want to reinvent the whell. It is a perfect decision to have:

SecurImage3 + A security question in ONE PAGE as we use it in LT Support Site:
https://webdnd.com/register.php

Also there should be nativeintegration of Recaptcha V2 (we don't like that tracking banner of Recaptcha V3). That would allow all plugins and pages (like contact form and registration use it). As if Recaptcha would be only via plugin it is wrong.

So Security setting should be the following:

CAPTCHA:
- None
- SecurImage3 (fully-self hosted solution that will last for a decade - that is what we expect from Fusion - that it would be stable, minimal and fast - and would not be as WordPress - heavy, slow and no solution/plugin last for a decade due to popular case of 'external tools/services' integration).
- ReCaptcha V2 (no sticky tracking banner need to be shown all over website, nor we require to mention something in footer)

SECURITY QUESTIONS (each site owner add different one, so no bot could use a pattern):
[INPUT] QUESTION - i.e. 44th US President or 20th Canadian PM
[INPUT] ANSWER 
+Add

Also don't forget to do the same for PHPFusion V8, as there still is majority people from V6-V7 era, with thousands of plugins and so on. 

While V9 definitelly can be replaced with V10.

And always remember - that Fusion was always awesome due to FORUM + CHATBOX + COMMENTS experience. Please maintant that. In WordPress there is no great forum at all. bbPress+BuddyPress is a trash pretty much. Only things like WPForo (separate plugin with bunch of subplugins) can give that experience.
And great, simple, lightweight, fast forum+chatbox+comments experience is the key point why WebDnD.com (ex. PHPFusion-lt.com) survived for a decades.
0 replies

7 posts

F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Some would say that if we do not keep re-inventing the wheel, we would still be rolling on stone wheels smile

However, for some reason Captchas / security questions and so forth did not work for us, we had it all. We tried em all.
Still tons of spam came thru on a daily basis.
I had to do something and came up with The Fusion GateWay.

The Fusion GateWay prevents bots from learning if you look under the hood.
It combines Random output of simple math questions where it asks for reply in words / numbers and it also randomize how the question is asked.
What is Five-11 answer in numbers or What is 11-5 Answer in letters etc etc, all output is done with Rot47 Encryption and it also have a definable Honeypot array that randomizes, thus having the option to make it unique for each site as well.
If you answer wrong to many times (definable) or "tick" the Honeypot a IP Ban is imposed for 48h but only to the registration system.

It sure did the trick for us on this site when nothing else worked, Only "manual" spammers gets thru now on rare occasions. Best I ever did! wink
Edited by Falk on 15-01-2021 08:58,
0 replies
K
kneekoo
K
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

Securimage is actually a decent self-hosting solution. Fusion GateWay is super easy to solve, it's just that there's no interest in doing it.
Edited by kneekoo on 15-01-2021 13:27,
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

Fusion GateWay is super easy to solve

Super easy for people.. Not for bots.

@ozzWANTED No, it can't be on the same page. This is how it works. Registration form will not be displayed until you go through the gate.
Also, no one prevents you from adding your own solution. It's open source cms. You can edit whatever you want.

Also there should be native integration of Recaptcha V2

We have it already in v8 and v9...

Also don't forget to do the same for PHPFusion V8

We cannot add everything from v9 into v8 if you still want to use all old addons.
1 reply
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

If you have a better solution or you have any ideas how improve it, we will be happy if you provide it to us.
You only complain about v9. Give real feedback or what needs to be improved, and we can solve all these problems.
From your previous posts:
Error log is already fixed.
Locales, atm we cannot to this in v9 but maybe in v10+

It was not me.. lol (btw. I don't use reputation at all.)
1 reply
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

I don't remember you because I wasn't here in the v7 era. I'm in dev team since ~2016.

Before you suggest something, please check core. We already have Securimage in v8 and v9 core.
BTW. I'm still trying to fix everything as soon as possible.
0 replies
K
kneekoo
K
  • Answered 1 question
answered

I remember you had some contributions before officially joining the team. I left sometime in late 2016-early 2017, already being inactive as most other devs, when v7 was mature and there were still no final plans for v8, just some work here and there before the decision was made to jump to v9.

Yeah, I didn't check the core. I thought Securimage was no longer in v9, considering ozzWANTED suggested it and Domi said he switched to GateWay. Anyway, I'm not sure why that captcha failed for this site. I didn't have problems with it, on multiple v7 sites, and GateWay is easy to solve programmatically. Here's a demo, of course limited to solving and filling the form, but further automation is also possible:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/2bgENhKLjGk[/youtube]
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Ofc. the questions is easy to read and solve, it is what is going on under hood that makes it work here.
GateWay comes with a lot more to it than the displayed questions.

I didn't have problems with it, on multiple v7 sites

I guess the sites where not interesting enough for the real bots to get in to.

downvoted for a simple statement? Weird

Was a pretty bold statement with nothing to back it up in it, that video have still not done it.

I am little to busy to reply to statements that has no real proof of concepts behind them.
If you wanna crack gateway, go ahead and say told you so.
And I can say, look we changed arrays and methods to dictionary + custom and so forth.

The video shows nothing more than it can read text and numbers.

The only place might've been interpreted as a "complaint", which was actually feedback + disappointment + bafflement,

An obvious statement again with an obvious reply. Like do I really need to say something to such statements.

You should be happy that you are welcome here at all considering the massive inflammatory language against v9 from your former site.
Just remember that and read up on the CoC if you need to be reminded.

Before GateWay we tested multiple variations + security questions and bots was still going wild.
After GateWay , we are bot free, simple as that.

Even if someone solves GateWay for full automation and just not reading and solving the questions programmatically , it is super simple for us to adjust for it. GateWay can be made unique for each site as mentioned.

All I read is statements on something you have not looked deeper in to.
Quite annoying and damaging to people who might think it does not work at all instead due to that.

GateWay is optional, other Captchas exist, custom user fields can be added. Anything is possible! We like options here.

ozzW and I have been talking quite a lot in private and looking to have a deeper co-op in the future,
ozzW had also not looked closer on v8 or v9.

So we are all just discussing potato potato here.

Thread is way off the original topic. So I will close this, but by all means. Come with a how to improve GateWay thread if you want.
Edited by Falk on 17-01-2021 11:31,
Falk attached the following image:
Image not found
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 7 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

F
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
K
K
  • Answered 1 question
O
O
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 99 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 22 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
R
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet