Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

After last upgrade to 9.03.90 i see some problems on my sites.

Asked Modified Viewed 1,336 times
D
danyab
D
danyab 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 76 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 21 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi,
After last upgrade to 9.03.90 i see some problems on my sites.
First is that after i am login like administrator or memeber site is work very hard all page have a delay, complet charge after 9-10 seconds that is very much. Is i am not login site work very fast and everything is ok.

Second in content sections news and blog  Save button work after 3-4 try, never don't work after the first try.

0 replies

13 posts

F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Hi,
Check Settings > Security and increase amount of Form Tokens

Please do not hi-jack threads from other people. You now have a dedicated thread.

1 reply
D
danyab
D
danyab 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

Can help me somebody with my problem?
If i am login like administrator in english language site work perfect.
If i am login like administrator in oher language site work very very hard and i can't save content just after 2-3 try.
Edited by danyab on 11-01-2021 19:20,
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Do you see any errors in your error log?
Admin > System Admin > Error log
Edited by Falk on 11-01-2021 20:17,
0 replies
D
danyab
D
danyab 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

Yes i have 13581 page with error from begin. Last two page are with error like in image and is repeat at other section like forum, news, etc but all are in theme function includes or locale
i.ibb.co/DQH6117/Untitled.jpg

i.ibb.co/VLNFvnj/Untitled1.jpg
Edited by danyab on 13-01-2021 13:41,
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 939 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

0 replies
D
danyab
D
danyab 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

Thanks RobiNN i know now to report error.
I delete all my error 13595 pages and in 1 hour i have another 112 page with error. I see that some error are repeat every time but how to report all error?
By the way if i delete all error site work very good next 5-6 minutes and after this work hard again, i think that the list of errors hinders the performance of the site.

I put here some from error:
File: theme_functions_include.php
Page: /infusions/forum/index.php?forum_id=1&lang=Romanian&order=descending&sort=reply&time=1month&type=all&viewforum
Line: 962
Error message: Undefined index: timer

File: Locale.inc
Page: /infusions/forum/index.php?forum_id=1&lang=Romanian&order=descending&sort=reply&time=1month&type=all&viewforum
Line: 132
Error message: Undefined offset: 1

Line: 954
Error message: Undefined index: timer_second

Line: 953
Error message: Undefined index: timer_minute

Line: 952
Error message: Undefined index: timer_hour

Line: 951
Error message: Undefined index: timer_day

Line: 950
Error message: Undefined index: timer_month

Line: 949
Error message: Undefined index: timer_year
Edited by danyab on 13-01-2021 16:10,
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

It's a translation problem. Update it https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/translat...anslations
0 replies
D
danyab
D
danyab 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

Thanks very much i think that problem is solved.
0 replies
K
kneekoo
K
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 289 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
  • Answered 1 question
answered

Hey, guys! You should definitely take a look at the main problems here:

1. (extremely) excessive logging leads to increasing page load times (danyab's loading times went over 7-8 seconds/page);
2. missing locale should not lead to empty strings in the UI, but simply fall back to English.

The quickest and least invasive approach code-wise (although not optimal) would be to first load the English locale, then the site's locale. Of course the sub-optimal thing about this is doubling the I/O reads for locale. But there would be no errors reported with old locale, no empty strings displayed on the sites, and it would be easy to notice English strings here and there, so the site admins would then update their locale.

In the future, using gettext or similar would be welcome. The advantage of gettext is having the English strings directly in the code (so no I/O penalty), and if it's defined in the site's locale, English will be overridden on a per-string basis. Plurals are also better handled with gettext, considering there are languages with more than 1 plural form. Of course the correct plural forms could also be implemented in the existing locale system, but that's ultimately up to what you decide to do about the i18n system.

The translations could also be versioned/timestamped in the future, so the site owners know when they have an update available without constantly checking the project's website.

By the way, v7 didn't have the issue of excessive logging, but only kept one report per error, so there was no performance impact in cases like this one.
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

1. (extremely) excessive logging leads to increasing page load times (danyab's loading times went over 7-8 seconds/page);

In latest v9 you can disable error logs or you can store them to file.

2. missing locale should not lead to empty strings in the UI, but simply fall back to English.

All translations are always updated with new release of CMS. We use Crowdin. So if string is not translated it uses English version.

It is hard to switch to another localization system like mentioned gettext a.k.a. WP Translate... We have literally thousands of strings, so it will be very challenging.

The translations could also be versioned/timestamped in the future, so the site owners know when they have an update available without constantly checking the project's website.

I agree with that.
1 reply
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

Well, gettext is more popular thanks to wp and their implementation. I have no problem switching to another technology.
Tell old community members to use the new localization system. Man, a lot of them hate v9 because we use simple OOP codes (BTW. v9 it's very easy to customize. And no, OOP is not required for new themes and infusions, as many of them think.). Imagine what happens when we switch to another localization system.
I know gettext is much better, but we simply cannot do it. Maybe in v11-12 who know but not now. The best practice is to update the translation immediately after cms upgrade.
0 replies
K
kneekoo
K
  • Answered 1 question
answered

v9 is a deep rabbit hole that's way too off-topic for this thread, so I'll avoid it. grin

gettext is indeed a significant change, but having it done for the core (in v10+) wouldn't limit add-ons from using whatever localization system the developers want. Having missing strings on a live website is way worse than having them in English, even if that requires extra file opens. It's a serious usability issue and even the best practices can bite you in the rear when the locale update takes a few minutes to complete on an active website. Does the CMS update automatically enable the maintenance mode while it's run? That would be a good way to make updates smoother and safer for everyone.

In the future, the core could check if there's an updated locale package, check if the CMS has all the PHP features and file-system rights to update it, and maybe if there's an auto-update option that the site admins enabled, just do it. Sure, only after taking all the precautions, like having the downloaded file hashed and whatever else would be necessary for a successful update.

But the conclusion remains: logging needs to be fixed because anything can cause massive logs: locale, add-ons, etc. And doing something for the locale issue would be nice, especially for usability reasons, because good practices are fine but there will always be inexperienced admins (or new to the CMS) who don't know the best practices. Also, it's generally a good idea not to rely on people to learn and remember good practices when they can easily be automated in the update/upgrade process. It's both safer and more convenient.
0 replies
R
Anonymous User
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions
answered
Veteran Member

Error log is already fixed.

We plan to add automatic updates so maybe translations can be also auto-updated.
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 13 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

4 participants

F
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
K
K
  • Answered 1 question
D
D
danyab 10
  • Member, joined since
R
R
Anonymous User 367
  • Answered 20 questions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet