Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Fusion vs. Nuke

Asked Modified Viewed 14,553 times
M
mpkossen
M
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 267 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
asked

Nuke and Fusion both are CMS, and therefore, in my opinion, can be compared. Fusion is better though, Nuke is so bad, it's filled with errors, really...
0 replies

14 posts

B
Broomie
B
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
answered

I tried PHP Nuke and I could not stand it. It's horrible, the errors, the structure! Ugh!

I was originally going to use it for my site, yet I went on a search for more CMS's, I found PHP Fusion and it's just been so great. Handling it has been easy and I know this will be topping PHP Nuke in the charts very soon.
0 replies
B
BTPlus
B
BTPlus 10
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 9 posts on the community forums.
answered

The problem with using Nuke is that you will never be able to get the support you do for Fusion.
0 replies
P
pdembro
P
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
answered

I am running 4 diffeent sites with php-fusion.. One of my sites will be running 9 different directories with full versions of php-fusion... Do I like this cms... Ummm YUP... Digi and the crew keep it coming.....
0 replies
S
Sandrob57
S
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 86 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
answered

wow, I just noticed that the graph above auto-updates....I had no clue, I was about to post a more recent version, lmao.
0 replies
S
shedrock
S
phpfusion-themes.com/siriuslogo.jpg
  • Contributed 232 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 10 threads in the forums
answered

I know I'll probably get hammered for this but I feel it is my duty to say it anyway.

This is PHPFusion and there is absolutely no need to even have a thread comparing another CMS. This will stir up confusion in the PHP-Nuke community. I know that nothing has really been said that would stir up anything, but trust me when I say this. It is only a matter of time before some php-nuke user (**** disturber) roaming around for stuff like this decides to start a war. I have seen this happen for less than is mentioned in here. Let us simply mind our own business as a PHPFusion Community. I am sure they are not discussing PHPFusion over at PHP-Nuke.

Ok, now you can bash me. :(
0 replies
V
VioAdmin
V
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 1 post on the community forums.
answered

**BASHES SHEDROCK**

Shedrock you moron!

You are right though, good thinking on your part.
0 replies
D
Darren
D
Darren 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

we should post the PHP Fusion URL on their forums

There is no forum at phpnuke.org. :|

The problem with using Nuke is that you will never be able to get the support you do for Fusion.

Now that's just BS, there are plenty of very dedicated phpnuke user support sites.

Like shedrock said, why compare, it's 2 different products and I'm sorry to say that although phpnuke has many flaws it will be along time before alot of cms/systems will have the userbase phpnuke has.

/Awaits flames.
0 replies
I
iunruh
I
iunruh 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 148 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 15 threads in the forums
answered

Yes, I agree with Shedrock that we shouldn't be comparing Fusion with Nuke. I tried Nuke and it just looked ugly, and had tons of problems. But, he's right. We need to mind our own business

200million visits per day, here we come ;)

- Ian Unruh (kep7) B)
0 replies
S
scorp
S
scorp 10
scorp
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 26 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
answered

Hehehe... Php-Fusion simply r0x! B)
0 replies
S
Sheldon
S
Sheldon King
Technical Administrator
IT Solutions Provider
  • Contributed 616 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 74 threads in the forums
answered

definetly.

I dont see anything wrong with comparing the 2 CMS's.. because they are completely different in essence. However flaming over the 2 is wrong.

Thats where we need to keep the line drawn.
0 replies
— 6 months later —
S
Sandrob57
S
  • Member, joined since
answered

go fusion!

down with nuke!
0 replies
J
jimmy_newyork
J
Have a great day!
  • Contributed 24 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
answered

For what it's worth I run 4 sites, 2 with Fusion, One with Nuke, and one with a CMS called PHPWebthings. I must say that Fusion kicks ass. I have tried literally scores of CMS's and nothing has been as easy to use and well supported as Fusion. Although I do have to wonder about this Fusion. It is VERY VERY much like PHPWebthing with one difference it works. If you take a close look at PHPwebthings you find find many similarities. I wonder if Digi ever played with that CMS. I'm not knocking Webthings at all because it is very well thought out and for the most part just as easy to use as Fusion but the authors had some terrible conflicts with in their group and the development fell apart. Either way I just wanted to add my 2 cents and say a HUGE THANK YOU to the authors of Fusion and all the folks that put their time and effort into this project. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day
-Jim
0 replies
S
Steff
S
Steff 10
  • Contributed 19 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered

When I was looking for a CMS to setup my most active site (I run 3) I decided to test on my least active website, my personal one, to figure out what I would like better.

First came Drupal. Ouch. Not that it's not a great CMS, but you need to be more into programming and configuration and I didn't like the looks of it at first. Although I have to say it was very easy to create panels with html/java/php code, the rest didn't interest me all that much on top of the install being a pain in the a**. So I quit using it even though it had been referred to me by a very good friend who makes a VERY good use of it for 2 of his websites.

After Drupal came e107...wow, did that suck or what. First of all, major security flaws were found in the CMS which made for some very nasty exploits which had my website send spam emails to people all over the internet. After seeing my webhost threaten to shut down my account if I didn't resolve the problem even though I told them I wasn't responsible for what had happened, and even after I tried to update e107 with all the latest security patches, that didn't solve the problem, so I decided I had to delete e107 from my webspace and start over again with a new CMS.

Come PHPFusion.

My webhost offers a bunch of auto-intalls for many scripts like bloggers, CMS's and other things. So I browsed through the list of CMS's and decided to give Fusion a try. Why? Because I thought it was the one that looked best aesthetically when I first came on the PHPFusion website. I figured I would give it a shot. What stunned me is the fact that downloading the CMS, creating the DB and installing Fusion all took less than 20 minutes and within about an hour I had my personal website looking much like I wanted it. I was sold to Fusion right then.

But that's a small reason why Fusion is in my mind the best CMS out there. I have received a TREMEMDOUS amount of help from several Admins here on the boards and I will never thank them enough. Rayxen spent countless hours chatting with me on MSN before his personal life took over and his computer crashed in order to help me out for a lot of features that can be seen on one of my websites now as well as Digitanium that helped a lot lately to make my website better. And to me...the lowly idiot who barely knows anything about programming stuff and PHP code, THAT'S what makes Fusion the best CMS out there. People here give out so many countless hours to help out out of their own generosity and all that to get a "Thank you" in return.

I cannot testify for this as I have no proof, but I am sure that most of the time, the Admins that help out people here don't go and check out every person's website that they have helped solve problems for, but I can be sure that all these people are greatly thankful for the work that the admins had cut out for them by helping in the first place.

PHPFusion kicks a**, I now run 3 different websites with it and maybe I will eventually run a 4th one if I can convince my father to go ahead with the change. I love the simplicity of it and I hope that the help we get when we come out here will remain because it is vital for the survival of the many many websites using Fusion.

Keep up the magnificent work Fusion Developers and I hope that you get all the help thanks that you deserve when you're supposed to.

Thanks a million for helping me out with my websites!
0 replies
D
Danish1977
D
Microsoft Certified Application Developer C#
<---[url=www.mit-sted.dk]My Spot >
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 76 posts on the community forums.
answered

I Just can't help it, simply had to quote this:

shedrock wrote:
This will stir up confusion in the PHP-Nuke community.

:D:D:D
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 14 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 14 members

14 participants

S
S
Sheldon King
Technical Administrator
IT Solutions Provider
  • Contributed 616 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 74 threads in the forums
P
P
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
S
S
  • Member, joined since
D
D
Microsoft Certified Application Developer C#
<---[url=www.mit-sted.dk]My Spot >
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 76 posts on the community forums.
S
S
phpfusion-themes.com/siriuslogo.jpg
  • Contributed 232 posts on the community forums.
D
D
Darren 10
  • Newbie, joined since
S
S
scorp 10
scorp
  • Contributed 26 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
B
B
BTPlus 10
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 9 posts on the community forums.
B
B
  • Newbie, joined since
I
I
iunruh 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 148 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 15 threads in the forums
M
M
  • Contributed 267 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
V
V
  • Newbie, joined since
S
S
Steff 10
  • Contributed 19 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
J
J
Have a great day!
  • Contributed 24 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet