Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

[INFUSION] Fusion Groups - Release - Feedback Needed

Locked Asked Modified Viewed 5,000 times
N
NetriX
N
NetriX 10
Need help? Having trouble?
» View our Documentation for guides, functions and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Attach Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues
» My support days are usually Mon-Thurs. Send me a PM if urgent.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 566 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 93 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

www.phpfusionmods.com/images/php-fusion-logo.png

About: This infusion allows members of your community to create there own user group, upload images, invite members to join, discuss with there group, etc.

PHPFusion: v7.01.05 Tested

Demo: Here

Allows "Group Logo" to be uploaded to represent the group as an image.

User Ranks: Give members of your group "ranks" and special "colors" according to there rank.

This infusion is currently beta but has been tested to working standards. There are still several addons I'm working on for this infusion so don't judge too quickly.

If you would like to test out this infusion, download the attached file below and "infuse" it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Oct. 21, 2011

Development has picked up again on this infusion. I'm still welcoming all suggestion feedback only, the test infusion above is being completely re-written.

You still test it, however, it's pointless as the new infusion will be completely re-written.

The new name for this infusion will be "Fusion Social".

In my opinion, PHPFusion is in great need of a community based infusion. Yes, we have a discussion forum and groups, but in terms of community, they are a bit limited.

This is why I've decided to create FusionSocial (an updated re-written version of Fusion Groups if you remember it).

Member Profiles

Create completely custom profiles for each of your members. What you show on a users profile is completely up to you. It can be as simple as an image and a few fields such as name, city and hobbies or it can be a mega profile with videos, images, photos, Facebook style walls, friends/connections and more. There are tons of 3rd party integration plugins and applications as well. For instance if you have a Sobi2 business directory on your Joomla site you can install the FusionSocial/Sobi2 plugin and all of that particular users Sobi2 listing info will show and be linked in their FusionSocial profile.

Media Sharing

FusionSocial allows members to post images and videos on their profiles. Not only will the media show on the profile but you can also create a gallery view so every image or photo that a user uploads will be placed into a gallery page on your website. Images and videos also have commenting and social sharing capabilities.

Groups

FusionSocial Groups are a great way to have your website users interact with one another. You can enable group creation so users can create groups or you can create the initial groups for users to post discussions. Users can share images, videos and other files within the group. Some webmasters prefer to use a standard forum. You can install Kunena forum for Joomla and download the plugin to integrate FusionSocial with Kunena as well.

Modules & Plugins

There are TONS of FusionSocial modules,plugins and applications. Here are just a few popular ones..

Latest Members
Most Popular Members
Latest Photos
Latest Videos
Featured Photo, video, members
Birthday Module
Search Users

FusionSocial is modeled after a Joomla extension titled JomSocial, however, FusionSocial will not be using any of the source from JomSocial. Only have features very similar to it.

If you would like to test JomSocial to get an idea of what FusionSocial will be like, head over to the link below:

http://www.jomsocial.com/community.html

Post your suggestions/opinions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
NetriX
PHPFusionMods.com
Edited by NetriX on 21-10-2011 23:33,
NetriX attached the following file:
fusion_groups.zip [No information available / 381 Downloads]
0 replies

3 posts

C
Craig
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

Kind of like Member Pages is it?

Nice one NeTrIx.
0 replies
P
PolarFox
P
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,633 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 29 threads in the forums
answered
Veteran Member

Great!

, etc
can you tell more please?
0 replies
N
NetriX
N
NetriX 10
» View our Documentation for guides, functions and more - including the Getting Started section!
answered

PolarFox wrote:
Great!

, etc
can you tell more please?

The etc. is referring to some more features being worked on for this infusion. As this infusion is just a beta, and It's current release is for testing purposes only.

This infusion was created as a community request from my website. Certain features there asking for that I've yet to create and eventually will include:
[ulist=circle]Group Forum
Photogallery
Custom Applications to Join[/ulist]

Only worked on this for 2 days so plenty of updates to come.

Merged on Oct 21 2011 at 16:25:03:
Development has picked up again on this infusion. I'm still welcoming all suggestion feedback only, the test infusion above is being completely re-written.

You still test it, however, it's pointless as the new infusion will be completely re-written.

The new name for this infusion will be "Fusion Social".

In my opinion, PHPFusion is in great need of a community based infusion. Yes, we have a discussion forum and groups, but in terms of community, they are a bit limited.

This is why I've decided to create FusionSocial (an updated re-written version of Fusion Groups if you remember it).

Member Profiles

Create completely custom profiles for each of your members. What you show on a users profile is completely up to you. It can be as simple as an image and a few fields such as name, city and hobbies or it can be a mega profile with videos, images, photos, Facebook style walls, friends/connections and more. There are tons of 3rd party integration plugins and applications as well. For instance if you have a Sobi2 business directory on your Joomla site you can install the FusionSocial/Sobi2 plugin and all of that particular users Sobi2 listing info will show and be linked in their FusionSocial profile.

Media Sharing

FusionSocial allows members to post images and videos on their profiles. Not only will the media show on the profile but you can also create a gallery view so every image or photo that a user uploads will be placed into a gallery page on your website. Images and videos also have commenting and social sharing capabilities.

Groups

FusionSocial Groups are a great way to have your website users interact with one another. You can enable group creation so users can create groups or you can create the initial groups for users to post discussions. Users can share images, videos and other files within the group. Some webmasters prefer to use a standard forum. You can install Kunena forum for Joomla and download the plugin to integrate FusionSocial with Kunena as well.

Modules & Plugins

There are TONS of FusionSocial modules,plugins and applications. Here are just a few popular ones..

Latest Members
Most Popular Members
Latest Photos
Latest Videos
Featured Photo, video, members
Birthday Module
Search Users

FusionSocial is modeled after a Joomla extension titled JomSocial, however, FusionSocial will not be using any of the source from JomSocial. Only have features very similar to it.

If you would like to test JomSocial to get an idea of what FusionSocial will be like, head over to the link below:

http://www.jomsocial.com/community.html

Post your suggestions/opinions.
Edited by NetriX on 21-10-2011 23:34,
0 replies

Category Forum

Panels and Infusions

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 3 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

3 participants

C
C
Craig 14
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 4,462 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 212 threads in the forums
N
N
NetriX 10
P
P
  • Veteran Member, joined since
  • Contributed 1,633 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 29 threads in the forums

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet