Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Backup/move problems

Asked Modified Viewed 5,500 times
O
overhjorten
O
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 21 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hej php fusion people

I have had a problem with transfering a homepage form one domain to an other, the situation is a follows:

I have a php fusion homepage on impure.dk

I wanted to move all the posts user etc from that place to impuritygaming.com/nerdrage

I have read many ways to move it using phpmyadmin, somthing called big dump (or something like that) and lastly i thought i could use the backup ability form within php fusion form the admin panel

I tried the backup ability and it worked on a homepage that i had already called impuritygaming.com/vigilance, and it worked, so i wanted to do the samce for impuritygaming.com/nerdrage and ofcause it didn´t work there...

I then changed the name of vigilance to nerdrage and then wanted to update the place, and well i didn´t do it right so with my smll knowledge had to delete that homepage, so now i´m back to the core of the problem

How can i move info, forum posts users etc from impure.dk to impuritygaming.com/nerdrage

step by step would be nice since I´m no hardcore coder or anything.

thanks in advance
0 replies

31 posts

H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 302 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 51 threads in the forums
answered

Glad, that it's finally working for you, overhjorten - and: your welcome! B)

Someone ought to make a guide of what we did to future people like me

Your absolutely right - I'll keep that in mind, and make one, when I get the time and energi for it! ;)

Good luck, with your new (old) site! :D

UPDATE: Just tested the site-move-guide: How to backup and restore on new server, that I refered to in post #2, and it works just fine, so I still recommend to use that!
Just remember to use the exact same prefix, when your installing on the new site location, as the one the 'old site' has - this, he forgot from the start, and that's why he had so much trouble moving his site! ;)
Edited by Harly on 27-01-2011 21:04,
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 31 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

2 participants

H
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 302 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 51 threads in the forums
O
O
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 21 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet