Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Cant install , Unable to establish connection to MySQL

Asked Modified Viewed 3,135 times
M
madnetwork
M
the man of science has learned to belive in facts not by faith but by verification
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 4 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I have just uploaded the files , done all chmod , renamed to config.php , and when i go to www.mydomain.com/setup.php i get this , how come ? couse i didnt entered no databse or user, those was supposed to enter in the 1st step . Any help ?

Unable to establish connection to MySQL
1045 : Access denied for user 'valentyn'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
0 replies

6 posts

M
madnetwork
M
the man of science has learned to belive in facts not by faith but by verification
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

TammyK wrote:
You probably didn't enter the correct mysql connection information when setting up OR the host's mysql server is down. More likely your connection information is wrong.

but i didnt entered any information , when i go to /setup.php , where i should enter the mysql info , the page just aprea like that , i cant enter nothing .
0 replies
X
Xessive
X
I am not always right, but I'm never wrong.
http://www.xessive.nl
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 327 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

Looks like a hosting problem to me.
Did you have a previous site that used a MySQL DB before you decided to use PHP Fusion??
Maybe there's a redirect from that previous CMS system you've used??
Make sure you've deleted all old files that were on the website before you uploaded PF.

Can you read the contents of the config.php (on the server)..?? Maybe there's something wrong in there.
(viewing http://www.yourdomain.com/config.php shows nothing). Otherwise download the config.php file through FTP and edit it on your PC.
Edited by Xessive on 04-08-2008 16:37,
0 replies
M
madnetwork
M
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Xessive wrote:
Did you have a previous site that used a MySQL DB before you decided to use PHP Fusion??
Make sure you've deleted all old files that were on the website before you uploaded PF.

Can you read the contents of the config.php (on the server)..?? Maybe there's something wrong in there.
(viewing http://www.yourdomain.com/config.php shows nothing). Otherwise download the config.php file through FTP and edit it on your PC.

i'm having 2 site that run on my hosting account and works just fine , this one is a addon domain , yes the config.php is empty . deleted all files , re-uploaded again , and same problem :|
0 replies
C
CanadianGuy
C
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 66 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 12 threads in the forums
answered

madnetwork wrote:

Xessive wrote:

i'm having 2 site that run on my hosting account and works just fine , this one is a addon domain , yes the config.php is empty . deleted all files , re-uploaded again , and same problem :|

did you get it goin or still have problems
0 replies
X
Xessive
X
I am not always right, but I'm never wrong.
http://www.xessive.nl
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 327 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

I just thought if this. Clear your browsers cache of everything (cookies and offline files etc.). Then try again.
0 replies
M
madnetwork
M
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

yes , finally i installed it , after i tryed to install on other host there worked so i decided to get the config file and import the database to the problem hosting , now i have it working also on the problem host just that images and links didnt worked ,than i figured that from the 1st the problem was .htaccess file from main domain , that was takeing effect also to the folder of the addon domain where i installed php-fusion , couse this didnt had any .htaccess , i made one there so that ignores the .htacces from public_html , now works like charm .

maybe this is good to be know also for others , couse i knocked my head all day with that installation :@
anyway thanks for all your support :D
Edited by madnetwork on 05-08-2008 11:50,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 6 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet