Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Someone help, please - "remember me" login doesn't work

Asked Modified Viewed 6,564 times
J
jeffbloom
J
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 82 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 21 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

It's getting kind of irritating that two of my three sites don't "remember me." Not only do I have to login each time I go to the site, but sometimes I have to login when I haven't been active on the site for a while and go to the admin panel (it'll bounce me back to the home page as a guest). I'm running 6.01.10 on all three sites (one site works fine). Is there a .php file that should be replaced and updated?

Damn gremlins!

Jeff
0 replies

25 posts

J
jeffbloom
J
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 82 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 21 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
answered

Okay, now that the bouncing out of admin into guest while working on a site has been solved by sveinung's fix, I think I know what the problem of not remembering involves.

The cookies only contain the first part of the domain name (jan.ucc.nau.edu) and do not use the specific account name (i.e., jwb2 or chaplx-p). I've open my cookies plist and can watch this happen. When I move from site to site and login it changes the other information in the same cookie. I've tried inserting the account names, but they're changed back after access.

So, I'm trying to get the IT department to change one of the accounts to look like my elsci.coe.nau.edu account. Unless, someone knows a way around this....?

Jeff
0 replies

Category Forum

Bugs and Errors - 6

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 25 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 6 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet