Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Problem with several users behind same proxy

Asked Modified Viewed 5,629 times
P
pondus
P
pondus 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 6 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I was planning to use PHPFusion as an example for my students but when they create their accounts and try to login either they cannot login or when they finally get in all users seems to be mixed up!

In the cases where they cannot login they get thrown back to the default startpage with the login panel.

When they manage to login they see different usernames in the head of the "profile" panel. It seems the username shown is dependent on which user that performed something last...

I have an idea that it could depend on that all the users is behind the same proxy and therefor get the same IP-address.

I hope I'm not the only one that has encountered this kind of problem and that there is a simple solution!

Best rgrds,

Leif
0 replies

12 posts

C
chbe
C
chbe 10
------------------------------------

thebasement.gryt.com
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 161 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

If you a using one single computer for all you’re students it could be a cookie issue. Every student has to log out before the next logs in. Just closing the browser the last user could still be logged in if it hasent gone if I remember it right 3 days.

If the remember me checkbox is set the user is remembered for 30 days.

??
0 replies
P
pondus
P
pondus 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Thanx for the reply...

But; No, all students have their own computers!
0 replies
C
chbe
C
chbe 10

thebasement.gryt.com
  • Member, joined since
answered

Strange. I have used Php-Fusion in a local intranet behind a router with no problem before. The server had one static ip and the clients had dynamic ip addresses (192.168.1.1/254). In the fusions main setting I had set the host url to the servers ip address.
0 replies
P
pondus
P
pondus 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

I have hosted the site on a server on the "outside", and all the students have to go through a proxy to connect to Internet...

/Leif
0 replies
T
Thymus
T
Thymus 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 4 posts on the community forums.
answered

This is a interesting question. Doesn't PHP-fusion feel good about a lot of users with the same ip? Is IP critical for a user session?
0 replies
P
pondus
P
pondus 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

I did some more tests...

When I created a new user from home and logged in with that user from my wifes computer, at the same time as I logged in with my "regular" user from my own computer, everything worked just fine!

Both users shows up with the same IP so the IP doesn't seem to be the problem!

But I'm still puzzled that it doesn't work from school! Is there anybody out there that have a possible explanation and solution!

Best rgrds,

Leif
0 replies
C
chbe
C
chbe 10

thebasement.gryt.com
  • Member, joined since
answered

I cant find anything in the fusion code that involves ip in the login process other that it also checks the blacklist settings. The only way for me to simulate the same ip is to use one computer with different browser like IE and Firefox and i cant find any problem.

The only thing i can think of is that you try emptying the Cookie cache on the computers in the school and try again.

Take a look at the maincore.php to see hove the login together with the cookie setting works.
http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/infusions...file_id=24

0 replies
P
pondus
P
pondus 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Now I'm pretty sure it has to do with the proxy!

But it also seems like a "security" problem with/in PHP-fusion!

I did another test where I logged on at this forum (www.php-fusion.co.uk) with my user, then I logged out! After I logged out I borrowed a computer from a colleague that never have been on this site and on that computer I could still see my username in the "profile"-box...

Fortunately it didn't seem like I could do anything from his computer on my account! I was redirected to the page saying that "you have to be logged in..."!

But if there are several users with accounts behind the proxy it seems like they can see each others accounts! And I suppose that there could be users out there that work in the same organisation, with a proxy similar to ours, and maybe log on here and if they then can see each others accounts it seems like a security problem!

Best rgrds,

Leif
0 replies
F
fetloser
F
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 275 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
answered

A REALLY long time ago (probably long purged from the forum) Digitanium or perhaps Rayxen helped me out with a cache issue i had from work with a really weird cache proxy issue. If i logged in i wasn't really logged in until i pressed F5.

I don't remember the details but it had to do with headers in maincore.php Maybe someone remembers it...worth a try...

header ("Cache-Control: no-cache"); // Should not be cached 
0 replies
C
chbe
C
chbe 10

thebasement.gryt.com
  • Member, joined since
answered

Fetloser seems to have a point here. Try Ctrl F5 for a complete reload of the page it seems to be different from just F5 to see if it is a cache issue.
0 replies
P
pondus
P
pondus 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Hi again!

I tested Fetloser's suggested code snippet in maincore.php and it worked very well!

There are no problems with the different users seeing each others information!

Thanx for the help!!!

Best rgrds,

Leif
0 replies
F
fetloser
F
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 275 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
answered

amazing, i thought it was a longshot at best :D
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 12 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet