Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

News Catagories Listed 4 times??

Asked Modified Viewed 2,595 times
D
DontLook
D
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 24 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 8 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Ok this is my next problem and hopefully my last!

For some reason every time I update my current version of PHPFusion, I get another News Catagories Icon in my Content Admin Tab.

I now have it says News Catagories with the Icon 4 times in a row. If anyone knows what the cause is or how i can fix this. It would be appreciated!

I also installed an infusion called Unauthenticated User list. Inder the Infusions Tab is it also listed twice in a row. I know this is because I accidently installed it twice before removing it properly the first time. I just have no idea how to get it back down to just 1 Icon.
0 replies

5 posts

D
DontLook
D
answered

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Has this happened to anyone else?
0 replies
2old
2old 10
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 89 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 6 threads in the forums
answered

I could be wrong, but it sounds as though each time you upgrade you are uploading all the files for a newer version rather than just uploading what is necessary for the upgrade.
0 replies
M
mpkossen
M
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 267 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

It seems to me you did not follow update instructions, or have some modified files messing up the news categories.
0 replies
D
DontLook
D
answered

Of course I must have not followed the directions...what great advice for someone asking for help...hmmm.....I would like to agree with you except for the fact that any idiot can put an upgrade file where it belongs and click upgrade.

Of course I would have to take the blame for this some how right? I musta done it!

Well that solves the problem...thanks guys!
0 replies
M
mpkossen
M
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 267 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

Always follow the instructions, I have done dozens of things without reading the instructions first, and man, was I sorry about that messed up build or whatever. Intructions are not to be seen as guidelines for the stupid, but as guidelines for all users. :)

Have you soulved your problem yet, or not? If not, could you answer my question (seriously this time, please) whether you followed the instructions and have any mods installed, please?
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 5 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 3 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet