Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Photo Gallery Problem

Asked Modified Viewed 3,574 times
B
bopcha
B
bopcha 10
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 3 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hi,

Successfully installed php-fusion v6.01.05. However I am having some photo Gallery issues.. When i try publishing a submitted photo, or add a photo via admin panel, it doesnt do nothing. I dont get an error message or anything either.. wierd huh? How can I fix this?
0 replies

12 posts

U
UCTXs
U
UCTXs 10
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 37 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
answered

Try checking the permission settings my friend! You may need to re-chmod the Dir's.
0 replies
B
bopcha
B
bopcha 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

well heres, the thing.. I checked the Album's directory where the published photo's should go to (\photoalbum\album_1) and found the picture I had published is residing in there.. However, it isnt being displayed on the album's gallery on the site. The index.php that resides in the album's directory is blank. If it is a permissions issue, what file do i need to chmod? I chmod 777 the files it told me to in the readme and the photogallery.php file but to no solution.
Edited by bopcha on 09-09-2006 01:46,
0 replies
M
mpkossen
M
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 267 posts on the community forums.
answered

Have you got GD2 installed? What's the filename of the photo? Are there two photos? Or just one?
0 replies
M
magicmatt
M
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

I am experiencing the same probs. I can confirm I have gd-2.0.28-4.4E.1. In addition, if I go into the admin panel, I can see at the bottom of the screen that there are 6 submissions although within the submissions directory from the command line I can see the 6 images are no longer in that dir but have moved to the album dir? I know there is a slightly newer version of gd available, but for serveral reason don't want to go that route yet?

As far a file names, etc goes, I have tried short and simple file names such as test.jpg. Each file was uploaded seperately. Sizes average 40K and res of 320x240 and 400x500 as examples. Thanks in advance.
Edited by magicmatt on 12-09-2006 13:38,
0 replies
M
mpkossen
M
answered

Did you install any mods? What are the filenames of the photos on your server?
0 replies
R
RavenCross
R
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 4 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
answered

Is it ok if I just post here my problem, since the topic title is the same as mine? Anyway, I have a php-fusion site, but there is this one user who can't view the photos at the picture gallery. He has a print screen, and posted it at our discussion forum. I would like to also post it here, but it may distort the page since the screenshot is large.

If some of you don't mind, could you take a look at the screenshot, and reply back here, or reply there at our discussion forum, since it is a community site, registration is open to the public.
Here is the direct link:
http://www.tambayan.ph/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=13&thread_id=23
Edited by RavenCross on 12-09-2006 16:43,
0 replies
M
magicmatt
M
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Thanks for your prompt reply mistermartin75. I have since created a new album with 2 new photos. One is named test.jpg (which keeps that name within the album dir on the server), it's size is 410x495 weighing in at 27.7KB.

No mods have been added, this is a freshly installed CentOs 4.4 server with only enough to run basic server needs but up to date as far as yum is concerned.

I have noticed within the dir's on the server that all the other dir's have taken magicmatt:magicmatt ownership except the albums and their contained photos which have taken on apache:apache ownership with 644 permissions. I have tried chowning them to magicmatt:magicmatt with 777 (just to see if it was a permissions thing) but to no joy so I have returned them to how the server created them.

Thanks again, your help is much appreciated
0 replies
M
mpkossen
M
answered

Those folders are apparently owned by the web server, and you'll have to CHMOD them 777 from either that account or the root account, then you can upload photos. You could also try to remove the directories, which most likely will not success, and create new ones.
0 replies
B
bopcha
B
bopcha 10
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

I resolved my issue regarding the photo gallery. I had to enable gd2 in my php.ini. And since this webpage is on a Win 2003 with IIS 6.0 server, I had to modify the permissions differently.

Thanks for the help :D
0 replies
N
nerfmages
N
  • Newbie, joined since
  • Contributed 9 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 2 threads in the forums
answered

i am having a very similar problem on a chroot'd server on bsd. There is a submission entry, but no photograph uploaded to the server.
i have poured over my php.ini and my httpd.conf to no avail.
here is a link to my original post with some more information.

http://php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthr...d_id=13247
0 replies
M
mpkossen
M
answered

Make sure the right folder permissions are set. The web server should be able to write the folder!
0 replies
M
magicmatt
M
  • Newbie, joined since
answered

Tried chmod'ing to 777. Tried creating new folders on the server as both root and magicmatt and chmod'ing them to 777. Still no joy. The photos do appear in the album dirs on the server. The albums are viewable from a web browser, but the photos within are not. One more point. Whenever I add a photo or album or private message, I get a page appear telling me the uploaded/message was successful, however, when I submit the photo from within the admin panel, where I would usually see the succefully uploaded message I see a blank page (except for the navigation bars)?

According to my web browser, there are still files in submissions and none in the albums. According to the server it is the other way around. My index.php file within submissions and the album_# are all empty.

Thanks again :)
Edited by magicmatt on 13-09-2006 11:05,
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 12 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 6 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet