Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Member accounts cracked.

Asked Modified Viewed 5,910 times
L
lamborgini8
L
www.fs-addons.net
FS2004/X Addons!
  • Member, joined since
  • Contributed 135 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 51 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

I have noticed this is becoming a issue, something needs to be done. I logged in today only to find a few posts from members claiming to hack the site, now these posts cant be from these members, someone has obviously cracked them and logged into their accounts and posted them.

Anyone know whats going on? any fixes?

UPDATE:

2 mins after posting this topic I my page was replaced with a hacked by message. The hacker goes around by the name of BloodKiller.
Edited by lamborgini8 on 04-04-2007 18:52,
0 replies

24 posts

I
ItsJustMe
I
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 14 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 3 threads in the forums
answered

Ok Thank You! Can someone please help me understand how do some of these things. I've followed some of the steps.

1) Remove infusions that has exploit DONE - I REMOVED THE CALENDAR PANEL.

2) Change ALL users password DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS? HOW WOULD MEMBERS LOG IN IF I CHANGE THEIR PASSWORDS?

3) Rename all tables from fusion_???? to something like 2134asdfq23rsdf234_???? THIS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO DO?

4) Change config.php and alter the dbprefix values from fusion_ to 2134asdfq23rsdf234_ (this should be same as used in point 3) I UNDERSTAND HOW TO DO THIS... BUT WILL NOT DO IT UNTIL I'VE FOLLOWED STEP 3

5) Last but not LEAST INFORM your users that there passwords have been cracked and inform them of the risks (if they have used the passwords on other places..) DONE.
Edited by ItsJustMe on 06-04-2007 04:00,
0 replies

Category Forum

Bugs and Errors - 6

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 24 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 12 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet