Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Installation/Support

Asked Modified Viewed 5,217 times
C
chamberlas
C
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 40 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 9 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Firstly I appologise for duplicating this post, but I was unsure which forum to put it in.

Hi Guys, this is my first time on these forums but I suspect it will not be my last.

A little background
I am the guild leader of a game called World of Warcraft. Over 2 years ago one of our main members created a website for us using PHP Fusion v6.00.1.06. This website has been succuesfully running for over 2 years now. Recently we have been having performance issues. The member that created the site has now stopped playing the game and is no longer involved. I managed to get in touch with him to see if I could get all of the details off of him so that I could contact the webhost and try to resolve the problem. Unfortunatly it turns out that we have not paid any bills to the webhost for a long time and although our website still seems to be accessible they have deleted our account and have no interest in our business :-(

I have recently secured another webhost with the same people that we use for our teamspeak server and I am now ready to start moving everything over to this new server. Unfortunatly heres where the problems start.

1. I have little experience of doing anything like this. I have been programming in PHP for about 6 months now, but I have no experience of the server side setup etc.
2. We currently have PHPFusion v6.00.1.06 which has known security issues in it.
3. I have no access directly to the old server, but I do have Super admin access to PHP fusion.

I have read a little of the download manual regarding installation and a simple new installation looks pretty straight forward if it does what it says on the tin :-)
I can back the data files up within PHPfusion and then download them to my local PC

Soooo questions questions

Do i initially have to install v6.00.1.06, restore my data files and then go through some complicated upgrade process to get the benefits of new features and added security or can I jump straight in at a specific version ?

Is PHPFusion 7 stable and ready for general use ? and can I install that straight away and restor my old data files straight into that ?

Initially thoughs are my main concerns, installing and seeing my existing data on a new server. I can then look at installing the existing theme, new features and completly shutting down the old site.

Any Help would be very much appreciated :)
0 replies

20 posts

C
chamberlas
C
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 40 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 9 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
answered

ok, will do, thanks :)
0 replies

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 20 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 4 members

0 participants

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet