Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

Backup/move problems

Asked Modified Viewed 5,510 times
O
overhjorten
O
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 21 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 1 thread in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hej php fusion people

I have had a problem with transfering a homepage form one domain to an other, the situation is a follows:

I have a php fusion homepage on impure.dk

I wanted to move all the posts user etc from that place to impuritygaming.com/nerdrage

I have read many ways to move it using phpmyadmin, somthing called big dump (or something like that) and lastly i thought i could use the backup ability form within php fusion form the admin panel

I tried the backup ability and it worked on a homepage that i had already called impuritygaming.com/vigilance, and it worked, so i wanted to do the samce for impuritygaming.com/nerdrage and ofcause it didn´t work there...

I then changed the name of vigilance to nerdrage and then wanted to update the place, and well i didn´t do it right so with my smll knowledge had to delete that homepage, so now i´m back to the core of the problem

How can i move info, forum posts users etc from impure.dk to impuritygaming.com/nerdrage

step by step would be nice since I´m no hardcore coder or anything.

thanks in advance
0 replies

31 posts

H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 302 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 51 threads in the forums
answered

Follow this guide: http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/articles....icle_id=29

UPDATE: For practical reasons, I'll repeat here, what I wrote in post #32:

Just tested the site-move-guide: How to backup and restore on new server, that I refered to in post #2, and it works just fine, so I still recommend to use that!
Just remember to use the exact same prefix, when your installing on the new site location, as the one the 'old site' has - this, he forgot from the start, and that's why he had so much trouble moving his site! wink
Edited by Harly on 29-01-2011 10:40,
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

Impure.dk is currently version 7.00.05 where as impuritygaming.com/nerdrage is 7.01.03

Do i have to make each update separately or can i go from 00.05 to 01.03?
If i have to update each one individually where is the update from 00.07-01.00? i can not find it anywhere but i can find 01.01

As for the backup, currently I am using cyberduck and can not find a feature to backup my homepage, so by backup do you mean simply copy paste to my own harddrive for are their programs who can do this in a proper way?

Edit:
Looks like a plan and thanks for the help
Edited by overhjorten on 22-01-2011 17:46,
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

You'll find everything you need for the upgrades here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-f...ion/files/ - click on 'PHP Fusion Core 7'
And: Yes, you'll have to upgrade to one version at the time, untill you've upgraded to 7.00.07 - from there you upgrade directly to 7.01.00. So download the PHPFusion 7.01.00.zip package (when you get so far), which contains the upgrade instructions for 7.00.07 to that version, and then you take them one at the time again untill the latest version, released yesterday, 7.01.04.
Edited by Harly on 22-01-2011 17:56,
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

I did as the guide tol dme and when i was about to run the setup i got this message:

Unable to establish connection to MySQL
--Admin-Edit: details removed - For your own safety: don't ever show anything that can reveal your user name or password details in a public forum--

Any clues as to what it is about?

Again thanks for the help, and hope i am not to vague on the details for you to help me
Edited by Harly on 22-01-2011 19:04,
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

So this happend the first time you tried to run the setup.php?
Did you remove all the new site's database tables (if the prefix is the same, as on your 'old' site, which the guide tells you it should be), and remove all, the new site's files and folders, via FTP, before, uploading all the 'old' site's files and folders?
Sorry, I forgot to tell you this:
You need to clean up the server (provided, that your using the same prefix, as before: e.g 'fusion_'wink, as if you never installed that new site, before you can start following that guide, that I refered to in post #2.
Edited by Harly on 22-01-2011 19:33,
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

I copied all the content form the old server to the new one, and ran the setup.php and yes it happened the first time and that message appeared, thats all i managed to do before the error

never got so far as to actually use the Db-backup
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Did you clean up the server, like I told you to, in post #6, before trying to install?
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

Well, i had one folder that was supposed to work as the root for my webside, but apart form that folder it was clean, all content was moved into that folder by the way
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

And did you also remove all the tables from the site's database, via phpMyAdmin?
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

I did now but the same message happens
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

You need to clear out all the files and folders from the root of your site, the place, where you want to install PHPFusion - that's what I told you to do, and now your telling me, that the folder that is supose to be the root of your site is containing your 'old' new site (on the new server), so maybe that's the problem.
Whereever your webhotel told you to place your site's files and folders, that's what should be cleaned up first, and where you should place your old site's files and folders!
And check, if setup.php is where it's supose to be, via the FTP - it should be placed at the root of your site, where you've uploaded your old site's files and folders to!
Edited by Harly on 22-01-2011 20:14,
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

I did exactly this:

Step 1: Download all files from their current location (on the "old" server) to a new folder on your harddisc.
This folder will contain all the php-fusion files, pictures etc.

Step 2: Log in as super administrator (on the "old" server), og take a backup of your site. Save it in .sql format, to be one the safe side.
Put it on your haddisc too, e.g. on the desktop.
This is the database backup. It contains all your data like members, news, articles, debates, references to pictures etc.

Step 3: Upload all files from Step 1 to the new location on the new server.

Step 4: Also upload setup.php (You find this in the full installe pack for php-fusion) to the new location.

Step 5: CHMOD 777 following folders / files:
administration/db_backups/
forum/attachments/
images/
images/articles/
images/avatars/
images/news/
images/news_cats/
images/photoalbum/
images/photoalbum/submissions/
images/imagelist.js
config.php

Step 6: Run setup.php, on your new site, hereby installing an initial setup of PHP-fusion. (Just like you did when you setup you site for the first time)

I choose /nerdrage to be the root directory for my site and all the files from the old server got transfered there to the new server, as the guide mentions, but as soon as i reach step 6 and should be running the setup.php the error pop-up

So either we are talking past each other, or I simply doesn´t get what you means which is likely :P

Hope this cleared up the current situation.
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Write the hole path to the setup.php:
The problem was simply, that sometimes it doesn't change automatically to the setup.php, and therefore you have to write the hole path to the file before reaching the set-up page!
It tells you that in point 4 of the installation instruction:

4. Go to your website where setup.php should start automatically. If not, you should run setup.php manually by entering your full site url followed by /setup.php. Example: "http://www.yourdomain.com/setup.php".

In your case -> Example: "http://www.yourdomain.com/sub-folder/setup.php"

I should have thought about this earlier, but, to my 'defense', it's been a long time since I've installed a new site! ;)
Edited by Harly on 22-01-2011 20:49,
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

No worries it's not like i´m the bright one here anyways :P I am just thankful for the help

Okay I could run the setup by using the setup.php line

Everything seemed smooth until it was done, i could not "enter" the site per say.
If I used the ending news.php i could see some of the page but it looks broken.

I managed to log in with my super admin and again but knowing the ending of the homepage found the backup, uploaded it but nothing happened, and I have changed the prefix as the guide told me to
Edited by overhjorten on 22-01-2011 21:05,
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Are you absolutely sure, that the site's database tabels was gone, before you started to install this time?
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

positive
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

Okay! Try to do this (asuming, that the prefix for the old and the new site are identical):
Log in to phpMyAdmin, on the new site's server, and click on the database name in question (make sure, it's the right one), and delete all the tables (scroll to the bottom, and click on 'Check All' (in danish: 'Afmærk alt'wink, and then open the drop-down menu: 'With Selected' (in danish:'Med det markerede'wink and choose: 'Drop' (in danish:' Slet'wink)
Then you clik on 'SQL', in the horizontal menu, on the top of the site (a text-field will appear below).
Then you copy the content of the .sql file, from the old site (mark all, and copy), and paste it into the text-field. Then click on 'Go' (in danish: 'Udfør'wink.
Edited by Harly on 22-01-2011 21:14,
0 replies
O
overhjorten
O
answered

It now says that table impuritygaming_.fusionXXXXX doesn´t exist something fusionXXXXX doesn´t exist etc etc
0 replies
H
Harly
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
answered

I'm sorry to put you through all this, but it seems that you can't follow that guide, that I adviced you to follow - thought that it would work. I will inform the staff, that it doesn't work right.

Okay. Clear the database tables, for your new site, and the old site's files and folders on the new server as well (via FTP), and do this instead:
Install a fresh new PHPFusion 7.01.04 on your new site, and remember to still use the same prefix for your new site as the one, the old one has. And when you've done that successfully, do this:
Now, log in to phpMyAdmin, on the new site's server, and click on the database name in question (make sure, it's the right one), and delete all the tables (scroll to the bottom, and click on 'Check All' (in danish: 'Afmærk alt'wink, and then open the drop-down menu: 'With Selected' (in danish:'Med det markerede'wink and choose: 'Drop' (in danish:' Slet'wink)
Then you click on 'SQL', in the horizontal menu, on the top of the site (a text-field will appear below).
Then you copy the content of the .sql file, from the old site (mark all, and copy), and paste it into the text-field. Then click on 'Go' (in danish: 'Udfør'wink.

The last thing you need to do is, to upload and overwrite all the files and folders, from the old site, EXCEPT 'config.php' (Very important not to do that, 'course the new site's 'config.php' has a different content, than the old one), to the new site's location, on the new server (via FTP, of course).

That's all - now your new site should be an (almost*) exact copy of your old one, and you can log in with the same user name and password, that you used on your old site!
*Don't forget to change the 'Site URL', in 'Admin Panel' - 'Settings' - 'Main', on you new site (because you've copied the old site's content, from the .sql file, it will also write in the old site's URL/web-adress ect.)!
Edited by Harly on 22-01-2011 21:42,
0 replies

Category Forum

General Discussion

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 31 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 2 members

2 participants

H
H
Harly 10
Regards, Har1y.
O
O

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet